Real Length Of An IVF Treatment
An IVF Treatment can seem like an eternity for a woman looking forward to conceiving her first child. Since there is very little information about how long an IVF treatment actually takes some patients may think it is taking longer than it actually should. Shrikhande IVF and Surrogacy Center, the best Infertility Clinic in Nagpur wants to share with you the exact length of an IVF treatment and the different procedures that usually go along with a timeframe.
An infertile woman will find it hard to come to terms with the prospect of Infertility. Making the first step to the IVF specialist can seem like the hardest step.
- Initial Consulting: Your medical history will be thoroughly researched. As much information will be taken from you and your partner. This is to ensure that we do not miss out on any crucial factors that could lead to infertility which would alter the treatment or further procedures.
- Secondary Consultation: We will describe the finding of our research. We will lay out all the options available to you for your Infertility Treatment. The focus of this meeting is to provide you with as much information about what is to follow. Also, since Infertility treatments can be quite a burden on the pocket we will also discuss the various finance options.
Once your conditions have been thoroughly diagnosed, the real work can actually begin.
- IVF Pretreatment: Further testing is done to fully understand the extent of the problem. Pre IVF Tests can include, Blood Work, Ultrasounds, Tests for STD’s, Uterine Evaluation etc. This is because every infertility case is unique, and as such a custom treatment process will apply to you.
- This phase will also involve regulating your menstrual cycle and preparing your ovaries for the procedures.
Week 5 involves taking fertility medication to help boost fertility. This process can take upto 2-3 Weeks.
- Fertility Stimulation Medication is to be taken during this period. Gonadotrophin injections are started. Dose and duration depends on your age & number of eggs.
- Monitoring: A close watch needs to be kept on the progress of your follicles . You will have to take couple of visits to the doctor’s office during this period to ensure that everything is on track. If not, further tests will be performed or the medication needs to be re-evaluated.
10-12 days after the fertility medication, if your follicles are showing healthy progress final egg maturation is done by hCG and an ultrasound is scheduled to help retrieve the eggs 34 hours later.
- Egg Retrieval: Mature Eggs will be retrieved from the body and stored. The same applies to your partners sperms. He can choose to deposit the sperms on this day or have it frozen during any time of the procedure.
- The sperms and the egg are combined. In the best case scenario fertilization occurs and embryos are created.
- 2-5 days after fertilization the IVF specialist studies the embryos and decides which embryo is the best fit for transfer.
- The selected embryo is transferred to the uterus via the cervix.
This concludes the IVF procedure.
Once IVF is complete you will have to visit the IVF specialist to conduct a round of pregnancy tests. If the first round of pregnancy tests comes positive you will have to schedule another round of pregnancy tests to make sure. The second pregnancy test will occur about a week after the first positive result.
Once your pregnancy is confirmed your care will be transferred to an OB/GYN who will consult you on the further procedure.
Shrikhande IVF and Surrogacy center are the experts in Infertility Treatments in India. With a practice that stretches for more than 25 years, the hands on experience has allowed the world class doctors at Shrikhande IVF to help spread happiness in the entire world. If you are looking to book an appointment with an IVF specialist get in touch with us today.